The purpose of this course is to gain a deep perception of wireless networks. In this respect, in addition to the basic concepts of the theory, learners should be practically acquainted with these networks and the related technologies. Besides, the students will have an opportunity to practically familiarize the different topics by doing several practical projects. Our learners will have great insight into the following concepts:
- Understanding the mechanisms of the Data Transmission in the Wireless Networks. Design and manipulate the Wireless Networks.
- Perception in a wide range of technologies and applications of Wireless Networks.
- Knowledge in software simulation, ability to analyze the behavior of protocols in the Wireless Networks.
- The overview in the history and various applications of the wireless networks and the related technologies.
- An overview of the concepts of the physical layer of antenna types, signal intensity, decibels, dimming signal propagation modes, types of noise, and digital modulation techniques.
- Understanding the channel multiplexing techniques: the Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), etc.
- Coverage engineering in the Wireless Networks (i.e., calculation of link budget, antenna height, and the fading effects.)
- An introduction to the Mobile Cellular Networks, the characteristics of the different generations in the Cellular Networks, the concepts of the frequency reuse, network design, calculation of cell capacity, interference, the SINR part, and its relationship with the bit-error-rate.)